OK. Can someone explain to me a few things about the latest flare up in the
1. Why in god’s name did Harper not admonish Israel for killing Canadian
citizens? Is it because their names do not end with Smith or Jones?
2. There is no general outrage in the public because of these deaths. I see
the news of the deaths has now been relegated to page 4 (the lower right
corner column) of Metro. Again because the names probably don’t end in Smith
3. I am curious. Why are there 50, 000 Canadian living in Lebanon? I can
imagine a few are there for summer holidays but 50,000!!! And as soon as the
situation on the ground became perilous they decide they wanted to move back
to Canada? What crap. This should be investigated further.
4. Why is Israel letting citizens of other countries to leave Lebanon? Are
they planning some major ground offensive? For what purpose? They had to
exit Gaza after 30 years of holding it (and paying a heavy human price for
it), how will holding a country to hostage help their cause? I am confused
with Israel’s motives at the moment.
5. Are we heading for another oil crisis? Iran might tighten the screws on
it’s oil production (it will never ever join the current flare up actively)
and there by shooting the price of oil through the roof (it’s almost there
anyway). If that happens now (in a US election year) Republicans and the
Labour party in UK are in for a drumming.